- a body (house) of someone or something
- a family
- a daughter (who is in the house)
- in, inside, into (when used as a prefix)
- The Number two
The Strong's Concordance meanings for the Hebrew word 'beth' (בות/בית/בת) with its various vowel pronunciations, also agree with the ancient pictograph meanings:
- #956 – to lodge overnight
- #1004, 1005 – house, family , temple, palace, daughter
- #1323 – a daughter, apple (of the eye)
So how does Beth depict Yeshua? Let's take a look at some scriptures that relate Beth to Him:
- Hebrews 3:6 states that Yeshua was a faithful....
- Luke 1:27 states, " To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the
- Luke 1:69 says,
house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary."
- Luke 2:4 states,
into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem;
(because he was of the house and lineage of David)"
- With respect to the Number two:
Father and Son are 'one,' the 'two' are united as 'one.'
Ponder on John 10:30 - "I and my Father are one."
.....And because, as believers, we have the Spirit of the Living God in us, the same Spirit that resided in Yeshua, then Beth also relates to us:
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 says,
Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 says,