- To lead, captain, first, beginning, priority
- To learn, teach, guide
- Strong, strength,
- Familiar, friend, gentle, tame
- The number 1
The script above is the modern version of Aleph which does not have any visible clues of its literal meaning. The ancient Hebrew script does, however, as it looks like an oxhead/bull:
- He is our Friend - Psalm 18:24
- He is gentle and humble - Matthew 11:29
- He is strong/mighty - Isaiah 9:6, Luke 9:43
- He is and will be our guide and teacher - Isaiah 2:3
- He is the first of all, and was there in the beginning -
- Consider also Revelation 1:8,11:
" 'I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,' says the
Lord, 'who is and was and who is to come, the Almighty...I am the
Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last.' "
'Alpha' is the first Greek letter that developed from the Hebrew letter 'Aleph', as can be seen from the similar phonetics in the words, and Yeshua is stating that He IS the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last - IN CONTEXT WITH THE HEBREW LETTERS!
Interestingly, the Hebrew word for 'letter' (of the alphabet) is אות (pronounced 'ot'). The word itself is constructed of the first (Aleph א) and last (Tav ת) letters of the Hebrew alphabet, with the letter Vav (ו) in the middle, which is used in Hebrew grammar as the conjunction 'and'. Hence, the word 'letter' in Hebrew confirms Revelation 1:8,11 - that Yeshua is the beginning and the end, and everything in between!
So you see, Dear Truth Seeker, this is just a taste of the wonderful things you can learn about the Hebrew alphabet and how all the letters reveal Yeshua!